Important Guidelines For Parents
General / Academics
Transport / Parking
- School's main gate will be open at 6:40 a.m. and not before that. The school is not responsible for students arriving before 7:00 a.m. in the morning or delaying departure after school. Students should be dropped off at the school gate and picked up from designated areas inside the school. Latecomers will be marked absent if there is no prior information.
- Parents are not allowed to visit classes during teaching hours. Teachers are not available to meet during school hours, especially at drop-off / pick-up times as they are on duty. Prior appointment should be obtained if you wish to discuss any urgent matter with the co-ordinator/class teacher. Please attend Parent Teacher Meetings/Open Days regularly to get feedback and help the teachers to help your ward.
- Please check Pupil's Diary daily and sign to let the teacher know you've read the notes. Please read the diary for all rules and regulations and for the School Calendar.
- The school is not responsible for money, clothes and other valuable articles which are lost. It is not advisable to send money or valuable articles with the child. All belongings (bag, books, sports jacket, lunch box etc.) must be clearly marked with the name and class or GR number of the child.
- No presents/gifts are to be given to teachers or any other school staff member. Parents are requested to abide by this regulation as all gifts will be returned.
- Children are not allowed to bring mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets to the school.
- Uniforms should be bought from approved suppliers only, no variations in colour or designs will be accepted. Uniforms are mandatory on regular days, school trips and school events. A student not wearing proper uniform and not having an excuse slip from parents may not be allowed to attend classes.
- Birthday parties are not allowed on school campus. Prior permission needs to be obtained for sharing a cake with classmates (no other food items or gifts are allowed). Parents will not be able to visit classes.
- Application for withdrawal should, in all cases, be made in writing and submitted to the office, giving a minimum of 30 days notice.
- Avoid sending eggs and junk food (chips, chocolates etc.), try to send more fruits and give healthier food options to your child. Please send sufficient food and/or money for the breaks.
- All textbooks will be sent home on Thursdays and should be returned on Sundays.
- Please send medical certificate if the child is absent on medical grounds for more than 3 days. Avoid sending sick children to school if they have an infection. Any medicine that needs to be given should be handed over to responsible office staff with clear instructions.
- If a student misses a test/exam he/she will be marked absent and receive zero marks unless prior written permission is obtained.
- School fees are payable in advance. The correct fees have to be paid by each student, every month, on or before the 10th of the month. Late fees at the rate of BD 0.100 per day will be charged after the due date. Report cards will not be available to fee defaulters until the dues are cleared.
- In case fees are not received for a period of two months, the name of such student will be struck off the rolls and he/she will have to seek re-admission which will be decided on merit.
- Small children and unauthorized persons should not be entrusted with the payment of fees. School is not responsible if money sent with the children is lost.
- Fees once paid are not refundable.
Transport / Parking
- Transportation for children is not an obligatory service for the school, but it is arranged for the convenience of the parents. The school authorities are not responsible for any delay, accident or breakdown of the transport. One month's advance written notice is required to cancel or change the bus facility.
- No parent shall insist on the bus waiting until his/her child gets ready. The child should be ready to board the bus 5 minutes before the pre-arranged time. No second trip shall be made if a child misses the bus. The parent will be responsible for bringing the child to school by 7:15 a.m.
- If any parent wishes to pick their child up in their own transport they should inform the school at least a day in advance and in special or urgent cases no later than 11:00 a.m. on that day. No sudden request of collecting a child will be entertained at any time. Prior arrangements should be made for early leaving/late arrivals.
- Please park your vehicles away from the pedestrian drop off area to prevent traffic congestion. Please avoid long delays in dropping off and help us to ensure smooth traffic flow in the morning.